Frequently Asked Questions
- Who pays what in a real estate transaction?
- What if I need to sell my home before I purchase another?
- What are my options if I need to sell first before buying?
- Can I write an offer on a short sale and keep looking?
- Do rabbits tend to eat your grass?
- What are “transaction coordination” fees?
- What is the difference between personal property and fixtures? (Do I get to keep the curtains?)
- What happens if there is are discrepancies between the Multiple Listing and the purchase agreement regarding property to convey?
- What is the Transfer Disclosure Statement?
- What are some of the standard disclosures I might expect during the transaction?
- What is the role of the escrow company in the transaction?
- What is the importance of contingency removal?
- When might a fumigation be required?
- Can active termite infestation be treated locally versus by tenting?
- Did your daughter win on the Price Is Right?
- What about your other daughter?
HOME BUYING AND SELLING
- If I price my home too high, won’t I still get offers – just lower?
- What is latent buyer demand and how is it important in pricing my home?
- Did you make a really funny video once that got over 150,000 views on YouTube?
- Is home staging important?
- What’s up with the Zestimates on Zillow.com?
- No, really, what’s up with those Zestimates?
- How are Zestimates calculated?
- Why do I need an agent if I can see all the listings online?
- Can Homeowners Associations enforce pet restrictions?
- What does it mean when my broker says they have “affiliates?”
- How important is the address on my agent’s business card?
- Does the size of the brokerage matter in delivering service?
- More on the big versus small broker debate…
- And more…