Another fabulous and immensely popular development in Scripps Ranch Villages is Miro & Ravel by Brookfield Homes. Built concurrently in the early 2000’s, these two communities are perched on a hill next to Miramar Lake. With an attractive and stylish Mediterranean architecture, all units feature a balcony and/or private patio or yard area.
Having direct access (via an adjacent trail) to the lake has proven to be a wonderful amenity for both Ravel and Miro. The development also has on-site amenities such as a pool, spa and a play area along with several strategically located small pocket parks to sit and relax. The Miramar Overlook Park, with its scenic and commanding views, also contains a great picnic area and children’s playground just one block to the east of the entrance to Miro and Ravel.
Built in 2002, Miro, is one of the higher end multi-family communities in Scripps Ranch. It is a traditional condominium project consisting of three floor plans (all square footage is approximate):
- Plan 1 – 1-story (upper level) 2BR / 2BA, with 1,134 sq. ft., including a 1-car garage, plus one additional reserved space;
- Plan 2 – 2-story townhome including 3BR / 2.5BA, with 1,462 sq. ft., 2-car garage;
- Plan 3 – 2-story townhome including 3BR / 2.5BA, with 1,753 sq. ft., 2-car garage.
Ravel consists of single-family detached condominiums where the front yards are maintained by the HOA and the back yards are exclusive use areas maintained by the owners. Many of the Ravel homes offer panoramic views to the coast. It has three floor plans:
- Plan 1 – 3BR+Loft / 2.5BA, with 1,970 sq. ft., 2-car garage;
- Plan 2 – 4BR+Loft / 2.5BA, with 2,068 sq. ft., 2-car garage;
- Plan 3 – 4BR+loft / 2.5 BA, with 2,255 sq. ft., 2-car garage (This model also features one bedroom downstairs).
The HOA fees for Miro are approximately $200 per month and for Ravel, approximately $120 per month. As with most developments in Scripps Ranch Villages, both of these projects also include a Mello Roos fee. In 2006, the lowest and highest sale price for Miro was $416,500 and $595,000, respectively. Ravel had a low sale price of $665,000 and a high sale price of $797,000. Neighborhood listings and sales activity, updated weekly, can be found here. Miro and Ravel are located within the boundaries of San Diego Unified School District.