First of all, I just accidentally deleted a post on home warranties. It was probably divine intervention (as it is next to impossible to put a fun spin on optional sewage ejector pump coverage), but I find it upsetting nonetheless. I know I won’t be getting those 20 minutes of my life back and, at this point, they all count.
So, shifting gears, I will instead share this comment I read on Twitter recently. The writer said, “Dontcha hate it when you forget to close a <div> tag, and then when you DO close it, you miss a ‘;’ ?”
And here is the sad part. I really do hate that. That’s because I need to get out more, which means it might be a good time to dust off this Top Ten list. (Note: I am violating the cosmic Top Ten List rules in numbering sequentially. This is because I don’t know how to format declining numbers, and I hate bad formatting almost as much as I hate messing up my <div> tags.)
The Top Ten Reasons You Know Your Agent is One Cashew Away from the Nut Farm
- Searches for missing car keys on the MLS.
- Asks husband to take the dog for a walk-through.
- Frosts her cakes with a caulking gun.
- Signs daughter’s report cards electronically.
- Refers to regular doctor visits as physical inspections.
- Defends purchase of impractical yet whimsical shoes by saying they were on short sale.
- When a new Supreme Court Justice is “confirmed,” she assumes he that he just closed escrow.
- Refuses to set up trust funds for children, thinking this would trigger some complicated Department of Real Estate filing.
- Sees a “Now Showing” theater marque and instinctively whips out her lockbox card.
- Children are named Freddie and Fannie.
Number eleven, of course, is the one where your agent finds themself in a deep blue funk when a post on home warranties gets zapped into the cyberspace void. Guilty as charged.